Further study can enable you to enhance your job prospects, particularly if you need to develop specific vocational skills related to your chosen career (ie Book keeping, Teaching English as a Foreign Language) or to develop relevant work related skills (such as computing). Many can be taken as short courses, part time or on a distance learning basis.
There are an increasing number of postgraduate qualifications available to pursue once you have completed your degree. There is no main database such as UCAS for these however Prospects do have a good postgraduate course section:
Also have a look at the Prospects Postgrad UK magazine.
- Learn Direct online courses and information on local training courses, some are free
- UCAS online database of undergraduate, further education and short courses
- Floodlight, Full, part time and evening courses in the London area
- ECDL European Computer Driving Licence - an IT course which covers word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation packages
- ICDL Database of distance learning courses UK and worldwide
- Prospects database search for vocational courses
Local Training Providers
- Bath Spa University College: ECDL European Computer Driving Licence. *Available to current Bath Spa students. Self-paced computer based course supported by tutors at 'drop in' sessions every Mon Thurs & Fri Corston CN.114 from 1-2pm
- B&NES Council Training Services have recently been restructured and offer training from apprenticeships course, E2E course, Learn Direct Literacy and Numeracy and CLAIT courses. Contact them for further information at:
Bath & North East Somerset Council Training Services,
Fax: 01225 429452
- City of Bath College:
www.citybathcoll.ac.uk Visit Avon St, Bath. Tel: 01225 312191. Provides a whole range of part time and full time courses.
- Community Education, Bristol:
- View the latest jobs and opportunities
right now at CareerHub, where everying you see is relevant and personalised.
Advice on how to write a successful CV as well as downloadable examples...
- Graduate Recruitment Schemes
Where to go to find about about graduate recruitment...
- Getting a Teaching Job
Information and resources for getting a teaching job...